Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Mark.

Throughout life I have always been challenged to live for something more than just success.  I was taught that there had to be meaning behind the success, something to be known for spiritually. Having believed that it is nearly impossible to leave a mark on society I had not given much thought to any of it. As I mature I begin to understand why it is not the importance of you alone impacting the whole world but impacting one individual at a time and that process duplicating. The question of ‘what will you be known for?’ has really been turned, for me, into a ‘how can you impact one individual?’ question.
I love to serve people. Most importantly I love to work with children. If I had to answer the question of ‘what do you hope your life will be known for?’ I would have to say, showing love and teaching children how to love and walk with Jesus. My desire is to teach children the bible and teach them how to walk side by side with the Holy Spirit to change their generation.  I believe that children are our future and by using the gifts that God has given me to work with children I am leaving a mark on each one of them by teaching them truths and how to love and be like Jesus. More than anything in the world I want to reach children who have lost hope and are looking for answers. By reaching one child at a time is how I know this is attainable and with God’s help all things are possible.
 I want to get to heaven and see the children I have taught and meet the friends that they impacted. I want to hear “Well done my good and faithful servant” from the only One whose opinion matters, God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment