Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Deception.

Dear Diary,

I sit and think about all that the world has to offer me, how does it deceive me every day. I see people walking to and from class every day.  I see how they all interact with one another, how much they stress the issue of looking good or appealing to the opposite gender. I see how people cover up the wrong with something they think is right just to justify it or make it look appealing. Is that what world will ever see? Aren’t we put on this world with a greater purpose? Is that the control in our lives, society? Will I allow myself to be tricked and connived? It saddens me to see culture influence young girls and boys and even adults in a negative way, teaching them that they are restricted to only grow into the persons that society wants to see, to learn to accept false ideas and justify wrongful acts. Yes we see teachers and parents nicely pruning and help with the shaping of each child but is that always a good thing? Sometimes I feel that we restrict even ourselves to what we think is best. We need to see ourselves and our situations in God’s eyes. So many things in life are a work of artifice and we think that it is nice and beautiful but in all reality it becomes our downfall. The ones controlling our lives are culture and friends and family and even media. We need to let God control our lives, he will take care of us when we are in need, he will only prune us to help us grow and not to stunt our growth as a gardener would a bonsai tree that he was trying to keep immature or a abusive man a woman. We are constantly given ideas that distort our clear view of reality. Help me oh Lord to not let society around me influence or trick me into things that are not Godly and honoring to you.  

Sincerely, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment