Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Suicide Letter

To anyone who cares,

I do not need your tears, your sorrow, your regret, or your pity. The point of this letter is to explain. Explain how I feel, explain how I do not feel, and explain why I made this decision. There is no point to life anymore in my eyes. I have been responsible for so much and I am tired of being the one to hold everything together. Life was once fun. I was in love, twice. I spent my days and nights with my children. I do not know what happened but I do not enjoy living life anymore. My children have grown and my husband’s have left me and abused me. I sit looking outside of my window on the 13th floor of this building and think of how I do not even need to question the bad luck associated with the numbered floor I am living it. I look out and see other mothers where I am; tired, sick, feeling abandoned, ready to jump. So here I hang each and every day, trying to go through with it, trying to let go of the ledge. I see Lake Michigan from afar and see all of the tall glass houses. Are these people happy? I want to be them, I want not to struggle. I want happiness without working. I love my children; Carlos, Margaret, and Jimmy very much. Mom and dad, please take good care of them. Let them know each day that I loved them, that I did not do this because I did not want them but because I needed happiness and it was my only escape. Teach them to be smart, hard workers, and loving. Carlos and Jimmy, love your wife, treat her right and give her everything she deserves. Be hard workers, the world owes you nothing, work for what you want and need. Margaret, you are beautiful. Never let a man define you. When he raises a fist, leave him. Be the best mother and wife you possibly can. Do not let anyone tell you that you are not good enough for anything. Mom and dad, thank you. Thank you for raising me and now my children. I love you all. See you in the next life.

The Woman Hanging From the 13th Floor Window

No comments:

Post a Comment