Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Isn’t there another way?

Look, I understand that we need to survive but isn’t there another way? I have carried her for nine months; she is a part of me. The pain I have to endure physically and emotionally is too much to ask of from any individual. No one person should have to deal with the issue of birth and death, all within the same time and event. She will be our food to survive just like the others, you three tell me, but all I can think about is why not find another way?
I have always wanted to be a mother. Never have I thought that this would be the extent of it, conceiving, developing, and giving birth to what you guys see as only food. I see more potential in her then just a source of rations. I’ve dreamt of the days I would have my very own daughter. I wanted to teach her how to be educated, cook, clean, work in the world, and raise children of her own. Now all I can do is sit and be used for the only thing important in this world right now.
I know this is what we have agreed too but time has crept up on me and I want out. If I fight or deny I know that I will only be killed and what good would that be in protecting my daughter. We have eaten many other people and I am sure that you three would not think twice of doing the same with my body.
This devastation of the world has really brought out the worst in us all. You men were once lawyers, sophisticated gentle men. Now you are savages, killing and eating everything you can get your hands on, coming up with ideas to breed babies to eat.
I hate this all. It is my body; I should have a choice in this matter. I am scared. God, save my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment